Blog template Rock the Crossbar: Funniest Moment of the Christmas Season

Rock the Crossbar

Tuesday, December 27

Funniest Moment of the Christmas Season

I know you've all seen the Bowyer incident. Didn't you have a laugh at the pratfall Banjo-boy did when Crouch came over and pushed him over? I haven't seen such a ridiculous fall since DiCanio wellied into Paul Alcock. Second might have been Freddie Munster lookalike Danny Murphy's sending off. He's traumatized legions of football watching lipreading children with his guff aimed at referee Bennett. Reminds me of a few years ago when I was at a Revs versus NJ Mutts match in Foxboro where the sidelines are right up against the seats. Some father of children made a snide comment about our language. But just as he was getting a head of steam up, Tab Ramos came over to take the free kick right in front of us and he was effing and blinding in that high-pitched squeal of his because some defender wasn't back the full 10 yards.

6 Comments:

  • Cracks me up, I just read where Bowyer is appealing - no way they will rescind it - not with his past. I still hope Liverpool come in with that 15 milion pound bid they were once rumoured for.

    By Blogger WhatsupWheaton Simon, at 10:10 AM  

  • I actually didn't think Bowyer's tackle was that bad. Ask yourself this - would he have been sent for it if the Liverpool players had not reacted like that? I thought Boumsong's was worse and he didn't even get booked.
    Not saying they shouldn't have reacted like that. Alonso needs to be protected and anytime Shearer gets grabbed around the neck its fine by me :-) Maybe Gerrard has something in common with Keano after all.
    I am reading here though that Gerrard could face violant conduct charges. That would hurt Liverpool big-time.
    Finally, how come the Liverpool players didn't push Essien around for his, much-worse, tackle on Hamman? Hmmmm.

    By Blogger TheBusbyBoy, at 1:24 PM  

  • Bowyer's tackle was a straight red. Two footed, strong, late, borne of frustration with how the game was going. Banjo-boy's bad reputation extends to those.

    No one would say that it was as bad as Essien's, but it was bad enough on it's own merit.

    By Blogger gooner71, at 2:12 PM  

  • Gotta say I have seen this a few times - my first reaction was red card as it was a desperate lunge - he probably went for the ball but it had that air of malice about it too as it was getting heated just before that - the foul itself wasnt dreadful but under the circumstances and what I feel was the intent ... I think red was fair.

    By Blogger WhatsupWheaton Simon, at 2:43 PM  

  • I think it was one of those 'orange' cards - Probably a yellow if I'm honest but I think the Ref gave red because of Bower's history and teh fact he was the third player to clip Alonso in that 2 second sequence.

    By Blogger Rich Hughes, at 3:00 PM  

  • Agree with Rich.

    By Blogger TheBusbyBoy, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home