Blog template Rock the Crossbar: When bloggers become muppets

Rock the Crossbar

Saturday, August 26

When bloggers become muppets

So today someone who will remain nameless though at least 4 of us know who it was decided to post a music video sympathising with the IRA Hunger strikers. It has no bearing on football, in fact i cant think of anyway its connected to football.... yet someone saw fit to post it here and not on their own blog.... Here was my response to the post which was later removed by the poster - feel free to chime in fellas. ----------------

Oh my God - what the hell was that??? GAC - in 200 words or less explain to me what that has to do with football.

(oops that may have given away the poster) you are a complete tool aren't you. Also before you go posting pro-IRA propaganda you may want to get a better idea of your audience. You are certainly welcome to your politics but don't you have a blog?? I could share with you all of my views on the IRA and Ireland and Cromwell and William of Orange and whatever else you like but not on here. You can post extremist 'romanticised' shite anywhere you like - but not here. If you have a problem with that simply don't post anymore. I know you want to be Irish but you didn't grow up there - you are in fact an American as much you may hate that fact. So please, before you share your heartfelt views with people here pls try and remember this is a blog about football and not a place where people who wish they were really Irish can tell the rest of us about Ireland and how terrible England is. Anyone else want to mock him feel free.

8 Comments:

  • Re: the video...I posted it on this blog by mistake and removed it as soon as I realized the error. As for your taunts, you better be able to back them up with more than additional verbiage. My family is Irish and I am proud to be Irish-American. I will only apologize for my hitting the wrong button on youtube.com. Your typical, spoiled, bitter, failed colonial outlook on politics is exactly the problem with the world's western powers today. For the record, I love England - its people, its culture, its football, but not its government nor its leaders nor fools who have enjoyed subjugating people for centuries. This is 118 words, including these three: Up the Ra!

    By Blogger GAC, at 3:42 PM  

  • So once we teach you how to use a computer you should be fine - posted on the wrong blog indeed....

    Incidentally you have no idea on my politics, as the son of an Ulsterman outside of the 6 counties you may want to rethink about how Colonial I am.

    By Blogger WhatsupWheaton Simon, at 3:49 PM  

  • Might I add, nothing can bring me down today after the stirring MCFC victory! So, have a wonderful afternoon - I will!

    By Blogger GAC, at 4:09 PM  

  • Can I do my KKK post now?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 PM  

  • Let's accept GAC posted on here by mistake instead of his other blog dedicated to Irish political prisoners and move on. I didn't see the posting myself.

    It was a good victory for City. Only saw the second half myself. Not a good day for north London at all. Spurs going two goals down against 10 man Everton and Everton usually don't travel that well to London. Does anybody know when Ledley King is due back?

    Simon's true team did well for a while before succumbing to United. When is Vidic due back? Hear he has a broken wrist and now Rio and Neville are injured.

    I'd rather not comment on Fulham's chances till we see a little more. I missed last week's match, driving back from Montreal. BBC called the defence "shambolic". Ian Pearce scares me.

    By Blogger Chris P, at 7:38 PM  

  • Obviously, it was a great victory for Citeh.

    You only need see Joey Barton's delight in whang-ing in a penalty off the crossbar and his sixgun celebration to see that this is the penalty above all others that Citeh fans will remember from the 2006/07 season. Congratulations, you're 9th after 3 games.

    The cold blooded analysis of this game is that neither team scored a goal from open play. The game stats will bear out a pretty unanimous verdict from all the TV and papers that is was Arsenal and their dithering and waywardness that lost this match rather than Citeh actually doing much to win it.

    I don't like 1 point from 6 but it's no bloody crisis. In fact, there are no crisis clubs in the Prem after a maximum of 3 games.

    But by all means, fire your Kalashnikov in the air in celebration.

    By Blogger gooner71, at 2:15 PM  

  • Haha. I'm to blame. I emailed wenger from a spoof FA email account and told him all players must touch the ball and only volleys count for goals to be allowed.

    By Blogger Rich Hughes, at 2:17 PM  

  • You can download the torrent for Saturday's Match of the Day from here:

    http://tracker.denness.net:6969/stats.html?info_hash=1a5432b9ae2bb9e74620be32fae09dad3c61f8db

    The file itself is 600mb

    By Blogger TheBusbyBoy, at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home