Blog template Rock the Crossbar: Where are the pundits on RTC?

Rock the Crossbar

Monday, August 14

Where are the pundits on RTC?

The EPL season begins on Saturday yet I have not seen a single post of interest in at least a week. What is wrong with you people? Has MLS action taken hold of your senses so that you cannot think straight? New girlfriends? Stuck on a deserted island? There should be no excuses! I expect my new ManCity kit (with Barton '8' on the back, no less) to arrive at my place before the Chelsea match on Sunday. We are going to whip their asses. Not only that, we're going to whip just about every team in the league this campaign. I GUARANTEE A 4TH PLACE FINISH. Wake up, gents, and start talking trash. This is going to be the greatest year for football, ever. I'll go ahead and make my predictions for week one now: Liverpool 2-1, Arsenal 3-0, Everton/Watford draw, Newcastle 2-0, Portsmouth/Blackburn draw, Reading 1-0, Charlton 2-1, Tottenham 3-1, ManUtd 2-0, ManCity 1-0. I'm thoroughly excited about the reactions to these accurate calls!

5 Comments:

  • Yes, George, I completely agree that we need more activity on this blog as the season nears. Also, AWESOME picks!!!

    By Blogger GAC, at 3:30 PM  

  • 1-0, Citeh and 3-0 Arsenal will do for me.

    As for the season, I've got the strictly ABC--Arsenal before Chelsea policy.

    It may be premature to complain already, but in the Shield, Terry looked terrible playing a big part in both L'pool goals, missing tackles, and hoofing the ball into a dangerous area instead of row z. I'll be watching to look for continuation of his terrible form from the summer. I'm just worried that England have traded one sacred cow in Beckham for another in Terry.

    By Blogger gooner71, at 7:01 AM  

  • For me the question mark is Liverpool. They brought in a ton of players but don't know how they will do. Chelsea and Man U both have knocks at the moment so will be slow out of the gate. I hope Chelsea will stumble this year. Arsenal are essentially unchanged from last year but their young players have more experience.

    Fulham have the potential for a top ten finish with an outside chance of Europe but so does every club in the league. I'd be happy to stay out of the relegation battle.

    I'm looking forward to watching some good football matches but there are a lot of unknowns this season. Enjoy the ride.

    By Blogger Chris P, at 9:31 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Rich Hughes, at 11:41 AM  

  • I agree, I think Liverpool are best placed to challenge Chelsea - i think Arsenal will again be fighting for fourth as we havent strengthenend enough - defensively we are weak outside the first 11.

    CHelsea looked a bit misshapen on Sunday but i expect them to win the league again...

    By Blogger WhatsupWheaton Simon, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home