Blog template Rock the Crossbar: Superbowl bollox

Rock the Crossbar

Wednesday, February 7

Superbowl bollox

Okay so i watched the Superbowl last week, all 16 hours of it and what a load of bollox. I like American Football, know the game fairly well so am somewhat knowledgeable. I have a problem though with the Superbowl. How does what is in an essence, the final of a tournament and league end up playing second fiddle to the hype that surrounds it. Imagine if the World Cup was all about the 45 minutes of Half Time, or the ads that punctuate every few minutes of the game. Dont get me started on that crap which was the pre-game. I would much rather watch pundits bore me with their views than see weird looking badly dressed Floridans bounce around like they are in a circus - what does have to do with Football? Trim out all the crap and get back to it being a sports final. Its torture to sit through this crap every year. American sports fans are their own breed.

4 Comments:

  • DVR

    By Blogger TheBusbyBoy, at 5:10 PM  

  • At least Prince played "Best of You" by the Foo Fighters. He actually gave the best halftime show I've ever seen, and I'm not a fan of him. As for the game: shite.

    By Blogger GAC, at 9:16 PM  

  • Some nice "quotes of the week" in the papers this week:

    "I have signed a contract with Liverpool and can now consider myself a Red Devil" - Javier Mascherano might not get that special clearance to play for Liverpool if he keeps talking like that.

    "It's alright, I'm not going to steal your breakfast you fat p****." - What Joey Barton is alleged to have said to Frank Lampard (right) after the Chelsea man apparently moved table.

    "I congratulate myself on having sealed the return of Riquelme to the club." - Modest Boca Juniors president Mauricio Macri, after sealing a loan move for Villarreal midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme.

    By Blogger TheBusbyBoy, at 1:14 PM  

  • Anyone see barton's murderous foul on Mendes this weekend? Jesus - why do Citeh hate Mendes so, first Thatcher and then this - Thatscher's was clearly worse but Barton should have seen immediate red and 5 game ban. Twat.

    By Blogger WhatsupWheaton Simon, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home