Blog template Rock the Crossbar: Fulham - Chelsea

Rock the Crossbar

Sunday, March 19

Fulham - Chelsea

Saw the highlights on the "EPL Review Show" on FSC and wish I had watched it. This match had everything - a shock Fulham early goal, several pathetic Chelsea misses, a disallowed goal, an irate "special one", a scuffle at the sideline followed by a sending off, and finally a pitch invasion! Excellent, well done Fulham. Jose had some insightful comments post-game: 'I cannot speak about the referee. I have to control myself. ' - Jose is clearly a disciple of the Roman philospher Seneca who said, "Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power." Jose clears up the result: 'A defeat is a defeat even if you don't deserve the defeat. We don't deserve the defeat but it's a defeat.' Jose the existentialist: 'If it's a Chelsea player, the Chelsea manager or Chelsea football club, there's no doubt about it. At West Brom I have the final proof about that. Bryan Robson is Bryan Robson and Jose Mourinho is Jose Mourinho. We are not the same.' The gracious side of Jose: 'I also hope Fulham know how to win. I know this is not something that happens a lot for them but I hope they can interpret the big victory in a good way and respect Chelsea people.' My favorite quote however comes from Chris Coleman: [re disallowed goal] - 'It was given and then taken away and the same thing happened to us at Arsenal last year when we were given a penalty and it was taken away. So I understand Chelsea's frustration. But to be honest I don't care.' Well said Chris! Chris P. - what is that big brown house-like structure at one corner of the stadium? Is that "Craven Cottage"?? Just curious, I wonder every time I see it.

7 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Boston Gooner, at 10:09 PM  

  • Has anyone noticed how paragraph returns and blank lines you type in the Post Editor do not appear in the actual post (even though the do in the editor preview window)? It turns everything into one long run-on paragraph. Annoying. Simon - sort it out.

    By Blogger Boston Gooner, at 10:23 PM  

  • In the one corner is the Cottage.

    This was Fulham's first victory over Chelsea since 1977. I haven't heard Gentleman Jim lose the plot this bad since the 10 man Fulham victory at Blackburn courtesy of Sean Davis back in 99/00. Gentleman Jim, tears clearly welling, rolls off about thirty names including Michael Caine and Raquel Welch, then states "your boys took a hell of a beating today"

    By Blogger Chris P, at 9:10 AM  

  • Does that mean that Roman the Oilman (or Russian mafia tycoon, take your pick) is going to have to buy even more expensive players to lose in the Champions League??? Well done, Fulham!

    By Blogger GAC, at 9:58 AM  

  • Oh, one more thing...has there ever been a pitch invasion in the USA? I predict one will take place when the NY Red Bulls face Houston Dynamo in a mid-season clash that will probably be a wondrous 0-0 result (June 10 @ 7:30 pm, in case anyone was wondering). Hey, let's get a party bus and cruise over from Boston. This is a CAN'T MISS event!!!

    By Blogger GAC, at 10:05 AM  

  • Patrick, shut the eff up and just learn to type :)

    Maurinho today incensed about Drogba ruling - I saw the highlights and he clearly handled it!!! At least Wenger or Fergie would point to a penalty or something their team didnt get but they would claim Drogba deserved the goal - it was an obvious handball.

    By Blogger WhatsupWheaton Simon, at 12:38 PM  

  • I have seen the same thing Patrick. I either worked-aound it by hitting Enter three times for every new paragraph or I went to the html and added /p tags. Can't remember which I did.

    By Blogger TheBusbyBoy, at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home