Listened to an interview this afternoon with some twat from FSC who was talking about their channels coverage.
Basically the keypoints were:
1) Some crap Beckham program will be aired on FSC weekly - joy.
2) Games will continue to be shown on slight tape delay so they can get in the
titles and not make folk who switch on at 10 miss the lineups. Whatever they
claim they are not keeping it live and you are advised not to have the web
open at the time.
3) The crappy ticker which shows out of date news and/or spoilers for games is
gone during English matches.
4) It looks like Foxsoccer.com will have free Premiership highlights on late
Sunday/sometime Monday. They won the rights but its unclear if they are going
to attempt to charge for them yet, i think though that it will be free and at
better quality than Youtube.
5) FSC will also show a game a week on PPV on Broadband (price not yet announced),
the first week is Arsenal V Fulham though I think this is a 7am Eastern time
match on a Sunday. Fox soccer will also beam you highlights to your cell phone
if you pay for it. Apparently mobile highlights will be during the game
live..ie) Van Persie scored his third against United, its on your phone 3 mins
6) FSC will air a half hour show before the 10am Eastern game Saturday for preview
purposes which I am pleased about unless I see Max and Nick in their all too
similar outfits standing up looking awkward and trying to fill time... They
will also air a 90 minute show Sunday showing a mixture of highlights from the
weekend of MLS/Premiership/Argentina/USL and Italy. Sounds like a longer just
as crap version of their Shorter Super Saturday round up show. I hate watching
multiple league highlights at once and would rather wait for the hour English
round up show on Sunday nights (apparently now at midnight Sunday)
7) One half of team twat is gone from Fox's footy fone in joke. The Liverpool
supporting one has gone off to produce a poker show - yes POKER. Says
everything. The acerbic Chelsea twat remains with Nick Webster, Bus Stop boy.
8) Setanta confirmed that EPL is online this year, at 600K - at 14.95 per month.
Includes GAA sports and Rugby and online services allow you to choose between
games apparently if they own the rights to them (FSC own half, Setanta own
half). NO games on here are PPV (for EPL).